2015

2015

Sunday, March 10, 2013

When It Rains, It Pours...

Poor Thomas woke up Wednesday night with the stomach bug. Little guy couldn't keep anything down on Thursday, so we had to go to the doctor to get checked out. Our sweet doctor decided to run a flu test, just in case, and to my surprise it came back positive for Flu B. Double whammy - stomach bug and the Flu!?!!! I couldn't believe it. I have been counting my blessing these last few months as we stayed well while everyone we know dropped like flies from flu, norovirus, RSV, etc. Ha! I should not have even allowed myself to think those thoughts because now it is our turn.

Zophran helped some but we were back at the doctor on Saturday because it started back again. Poor guy said, "tummy hurt." Thomas hadn't eaten since Wednesday except for a few crackers. By Saturday morning, he had lost 5% of his body weight. We loaded up on the Zophran and I have seen a few pretzels and rice cakes (yes, my child LOVES rice cakes) go down today, so here's hoping things are looking up for him. My washing machine and dryer are tired and we are almost out of Clorox and Lysol. ; )

 
Considering the circumstances, the little guy has been a great patient. We have spent a lot of time together on the couch cuddling...a treat for the Mama of a boy who never slows down. He gets upset with me when I beg him to eat and drink - yells "No!" And then proceeds to yell "no" every time I asked him anything....even if he really means yes. I'm thinking the flu and stomach virus brought with it a little of the terrible two's. But who can get mad at a sick toddler?...so we just laugh and I keep asking. Effective cycle, huh?
 
When we were on our way to the doctor yesterday, we stopped to get some gas. Patrick got out and Thomas said very clearly, "I want to go with Daddy." If I hadn't been so proud of such a long sentence, my feelings might have been a little hurt. But, of course, when I leave him with Patrick, he screams for me, so it all works out in the end. :)
 
Looks like we will be home again tomorrow, so I will cherish a few more of those snuggles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment