2015

2015

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Moments

Amanda sent me some sweet pictures from the church Easter Egg hunt since I was home resting. Thomas and Charlie are the best of friends! Look at how cute they are holding hands and giving hugs. I think they were both a little overwhelmed by the number of people at this egg hunt and apparently Thomas was upset because the Easter bunny was not at this hunt. Can't win for losing with a two year old!

                            

                         

                                

I found this cartoon on Pinterest and I literally burst out laughing....Thomas and Patrick have been devouring the huge chocolate bunny part by part. 

                          

On Monday morning, I put the second car seat in the car. I had my doctor's appointment later that day and decided, better safe than sorry. The sight of both of those car seats in the car made me pause for a minute....two babies. My first, although not really a baby anymore, still needs constant love and care. And the second, baby Henry, a newborn....oh my, am I ready for that again? I am so ready to meet him! The only thing that keeps me from being paralyzed in fear is remembering just how fast the newborn stage goes. There may be miserable moments but they are just moments - passing so fast that some days you forget. Forget the crying, the sleepless nights, the spit up stained clothes and the shower- less days. But you remember the sweet faces and moments you captured through pictures and best of all, you survive!

        

While my boys were hunting eggs, I finished up a little baby project I had been meaning to do for weeks. It was so peaceful to sew in my dining room on a pretty day listening to the Van Morrison station on Pandora.... No TV, no talking, no computer. This is the first time I have pulled out my sewing machine since Thomas was born. Not a major project...just added some cute fabric to plain burp cloths. I took a few to get monogrammed. They turned out really well and so easy! I like sewing when I have the time.

                       

Spring is here and that means lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. How big is this kiddo....he ate the whole ear of corn by himself.

                        

DeeDee and Jane were in town for a quick visit. We played at the park together for a little while along with some other girls we graduated with and their babies. Tried to get a good picture of these two but that was almost impossible because neither wanted to be still. Jane was so precious and kept coming up a patting Thomas. One day he will love it when a beautiful girl dotes on him!


This little girl wants to do everything the big kids can do!


            

At the EUMK auction a few months ago, I bought the item Thomas's teachers gave....a movie and ice cream date. Thomas and Charlie both went with Ms. Heidi and Ms. Laura to see Rio 2 and then to Ben and Jerry's. I wish we had a picture of all of them together. They had the best time...can you tell? They love their teachers and so do I. Such sweet and patient ladies. Amanda and I enjoyed much needed manicures and pedicures while the boys were so happily entertained! A win-win for boys and mommies!

                        

Quick baby update....my fluids had gone up a little on Monday after my weekend of good rest so I bought myself another week. I am supposed to rest "as much as possible" this week and we will test again on Monday. Even the doctor chuckled slightly when he said that knowing I have a 2 year old at home. Thanks to good friends and family, I have been able to squeeze in good rest this week.

 Fun fact: if they decide to take Henry on Tuesday, I will be 36 weeks and 6 days, which is exactly how far along I was when Thomas was born. I would prefer to wait until at least Wednesday so Dr. Kennedy can do the c-section and we will be that magical 37 weeks full term!

No comments:

Post a Comment