On Monday, I went to see Dr. Kennedy. My fluids had dropped to 5.5. While this is not below 5, the baby's fetal movement had noticeably decreased and the combination concerned him. So we scheduled a C-section for Wednesday, which is his surgery day and happened to be 37 weeks exactly. I was so relieved to know the end was in sight and also to know that Dr. Kennedy would be delivering the baby.
The Walkers came in town on Tuesday night. Lisa, Annie and Brian couldn't be here this time, but we have Facetime'd and sent pictures constantly! We checked in at noon and by 2:53 pm, Henry Caldwell Walker was born. He weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. He came out screaming and that was the best sound I could have heard. With an early baby boy, you just never know about those lungs.
Henry got to come with us to recovery since he was 37 weeks. We enjoyed some snuggle and nursing time. My pre-op nurse, Lauren, was able to stay with me through the OR and post-op. She was the best! She also happened to have been my post-op nurse with Thomas - the one I have bragged about for years because she helped me with nursing. What a small world!
After a few hours, we made it to our room and a short time later, Mimi brought Thomas up to see us. He was so excited to see baby Henry, Mama and Dad. He insisted on bringing his huge giraffe stuffed animal with him to show Henry.
Our first picture as a family of four...even days later, I don't think it has truly set in.
Thomas was so curious about Henry and I don't want him to be scared around him, so we had some snuggle time so he could take a look and touch the baby. This is one of my favorite pictures from the day. I am one lucky Mama to call these two sweet little boys mine.
Henry told me that he wanted to get his big brother a present. He knew just what Thomas would like and we made sure to have it ready for him when they met for the first time.
Everyone got to meet Henry...Mimi and Tino with their second grandson!
Thomas gets very concerned when Henry cries, so Nana was explaining that when babies cry, they are just talking.
Thomas got to hold Henry. Look at that sweet face! He is going to be a wonderful big brother.
Tickling Henry's feet!
LuLu got in some snuggles with Henry too!
We are so happy to have our new baby boy here. Welcome to the world, Henry! We love you so much!!


So sweet, May! Glad he is here safely!
ReplyDelete