Well, I am writing this post from a familiar place...one that I was beginning to think I wouldn't see this pregnancy - my bed. Yes, my appointment this week showed my fluid levels had dropped to 6 in a week, so we are in the "cautious zone." While Dr. Kennedy did not put me on full bed rest, he said that I needed to rest as much as I could and come back on Monday. If the levels drop below 5, he said he will take the baby. I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday so the hope is that I can make it to at least 37 weeks.
Of course this happened Easter weekend when we had so many fun things planned. I made a deal with Patrick that I could do one thing a day and would rest the remainder of the day. Avoiding the NICU is important to all of us!
Luckily, everyone has been so willing to help with Thomas, so I feel very lucky. Mimi picked Thomas up from school on Thursday and they played until Patrick got home. They got into Mimi's dress up clothes and stuffed animals. How cute are these pictures?
Yesterday was the Pidgeon Estates neighborhood Easter egg hunt. They go all out - a petting zoo, train ride and Easter Bunny. BooBoo was in town so she came with me to help chase after Thomas.
I had forgotten how much I like little bunny rabbits. Seeing this one ALMOST made me want to go out and get one. Almost...I haven't lost my mind completely...yet.
Ever heard of a Zeebu? Me neither. They had a baby one there and everyone was intrigued. It is similar to a cow.
BooBoo was such a sport and rode the train with Thomas.
He was having a blast until the dern Easter Bunny walked up behind him and the child literally scaled me all by himself and had a death grip on my neck. He was so traumatized that he could hardly hunt for eggs. He kept looking over his shoulder or around me to make sure the bunny was still far, far away.
We came home and looked at pictures together from past Easters of Thomas and the Easter bunny so I could prove to him that the Easter bunny was his friend and wouldn't hurt him. I know he will see him at least two more times before the weekend is over, so hopefully this will prevent any more meltdowns. Reasoning with a two year old is very often pointless, but I still try.
After naptime, Patrick took Thomas to the golf course. He was so excited to go with Daddy. He wanted to wear a hat like his Daddy. I get happy and sad all at the same time when I see how big Thomas is getting. I know that he will seem even older once Henry is here.
Patrick and Thomas are headed to the 2PC Egg hunt this morning. We are lucky to have such a good Daddy/husband!


No comments:
Post a Comment