2015

2015

Sunday, August 11, 2013

A New Look and the Little Moments

Our guest bathroom has been annoying me since we bought our house almost three years ago. It was a little outdated with the yellow tile (see the few "before" pictures below after I had already started taping) but the worst part was that it could only be used as a tub and not a shower because the tile is only three feet high around the tub. 
 

 
 
Our poor guests have had to shower in Thomas's bathroom. Not all-together awful...just annoying. So one day, I decided I was going to fix it. Didn't want to go through a major renovation, so I turned to Pinterest for the first step....Painting tiles. Did you know you could do that? I sure didn't, but I am a believer now.....




 
A beautiful black and white tile bathroom now. The plumber and tile man are coming soon to extend our tub surround so that we can have a shower in this bathroom....I'm thinking some Carrara marble and border above the existing tile will look awesome. May not be fully functioning quite yet but it sure is pretty! :)
 
On to the little moments recently that have been precious. Thomas loves to play with his Daddy and really loves to do things like his Daddy does. Golf is one of their favorites. Patrick has been teaching Thomas how to hold the club and to keep his eye on the ball...he is actually a really good shot. One afternoon, Daddy shared his "real" golf clubs with Thomas.



 
Looks like a little golf-pro to me!

 
Traded in the big clubs for ones more our size...Please notice the concentration on technique here...

 
And then just a sweet face!


 
Lollie stayed with us for a few days and Thomas was in heaven. Every morning, he needed to "check" Lollie's water to make sure it was okay by putting one finger in there. Poor Lollie, all she wants to do is eat her breakfast!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment