2015

2015

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

So Big...

These days I feel less and less like I have a baby and more and more like I have a "big boy." I am always telling him to act like a "big boy" and not fuss and before my eyes, he has really become a "big boy." Sometimes I miss my baby....
 
On Sunday, Thomas sat through his first "big Church." We talked it up all week and he did a great job. It happened to be a baptism Sunday so it took over 30 minutes to get to children's church, but he made it! He was so good at whispering and kept telling me that the minister needed to whisper  since you have to talk quietly in "Big Church!" At least he was listening to what I told him! Thomas loves Sunday school and that makes my heart smile.
 
 
Thomas loves to play pretend these days....we dress up to play or we just use our imagination. It is so cute to see what he comes up with. We really love our tools and tool belt.


 
Lately, Thomas LOVES to wear his sunglasses. We went to dinner on Sunday night with the Stines and Campbells and Thomas wore his sunglasses the entire time....at the Belmont...one of the darkest restaurants in town. Oh well, if he is happy, who cares?

 
Saturday was Charlie's birthday party. It was a train theme, so Thomas was in heaven. He loved playing with the train table.


And watching the electric trains go around the cake! Thomas and Charlie are great friends. I am so excited that they will be in the same k-2 class this year at Emmanuel.


 
A trip to Lowe's is not complete unless we test drive all of the "tractors" or lawnmowers. When we pull into the parking lot, Thomas starts yelling to drive the race cars (the shopping carts). He is so aware of his surroundings now. He knows when we are close to home or on our way to places we go frequently.
 
 
Two's are lots of fun, but they also require lots of patience. He wants to do everything "by myself" or "one more time." His verbal skills are off the charts, which is great but can be bad too because he is good at telling me exactly what he wants.
 
A few of my favorite phrases these days are:
"Scuse me"
"It's beautiful"- usually about his artwork or someone else's
"that's amazing!"
"No, thank you, Mama"
The crickets go "crick, crick"
 
He loves to watch the stop lights and tell me "it's green, Mama, GO!" He has the most contagious giggle and loves to be tickled. He is obsessed with Mighty Machines and all types of construction equipment...he will quickly correct you if you don't use the technical name...I can't call them all  bulldozers anymore....he knows the difference. He can say "hippopotamus" perfectly...I am amazed every time.
 
Love this little boy more every day....I just cannot believe that he is getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment