2015

2015

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Carnival Week

Carnival week this year was a whirlwind. It was so much fun and so exhausting. I met Patrick's parents in Birmingham on our way home from Watercolor and they took the boys back to Sandersville until Wednesday. Then they all came back to Memphis. It was so nice of them to keep the boys. They had a great time and we were able to enjoy our late nights without having to worry about waking up early to little ones!
 
Crown and Sceptre was the kick off event at the Hilton. We spent the night there, so it was nice to just walk downstairs.
 
 
Ellen looked beautiful and the pages did a great job!
 







 
We have seen Ellen several times since Carnival ended, but it is really amazing how close you get during Carnival week. Our role is a mixture of chaperone, cruise director, and fellow partier - a true mix! We love Ellen and enjoyed every minute that we spent with her and her family. We were so lucky to have her as our queen this year!

 

 
Saturday night was the Princess Ball at the Hunt & Polo Club.
 

 
 We all ended up at Raiford's afterwards. We spent lots of time at Raifords that week!

 
Such fun having Mary Margaret as a princess this year!

 
Sunday afternoon, Osiris hosted the Queen's Tea at the Memphis Country Club. I got up Sunday morning and cut beautiful hydrangeas from our garden for the centerpieces. We had a great turnout!


 
I took Sunday night off. Monday night was a break and Tuesday night we went to Memphi's clubroom.
 
 
Wednesday, the Walkers came to Memphis with my babies! I was so excited to see them. I taught VBS (yes, I've lost my mind), Thursday and Friday, so Thomas and I got up the next morning and went to VBS.
 
Thursday night, as I was about to leave for the MCC Party, Henry had a fit and didn't want us to go. We played a little with my phone and I snapped this sweet picture. This little one is the sweetest.

 
A real picture before we left!


 
The whole gang was there! Annie was home for Lacy's wedding that weekend.
 
 
Earlier that day, the page moms helped me decorate the Hunt & Polo Club for our Osiris Banquet of Past Kings Party. It is a lot more work than you would think!
 




 
One of the moms is a very talented designer. We had the idea to make this arch dramatic. This arch is tall, y'all! I ended up on the top step of the ladder with a tack and toole trying to get it in place. My hands were sweating!






 
Ellen and her masked King.

 
 
Tyne Brownlow was this year's king.

 

 
Giving their queen her silver goblet.

 
Ellen gave the pages stuffed pugs like the dog she has. They loved them!

 
Beth Moore went to Raiford's with us Friday night. She has been taking drum lessons so she jumped right up to the drums and played a song. She did a great job!


 
 

 A great end to a great week. We felt like we were 30 somethings acting like 20 year olds, but it was great fun! Osiris had a wonderful year and I am so proud of all of the hard work Patrick did to make it successful. We are happy to pass it on to the next chairman and enjoy the parties next year! :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment