So I'm finally getting around to posting about our 4th of July....time just gets away from me these days. We had a great 4th of July. It was the first one since the year Thomas was born that we have been in town, and I love being here for the 4th.
We started the day at the neighborhood parade and cookout. This neighborhood knows how to do it right! Each family pays $20 and they have the fire truck lead the parade and spray the hoses, they have an orchestra play the whole morning, a snow cone truck and they cook hundreds of hamburgers and hotdogs for all to enjoy.
Of course Thomas chose his John Deere tractor to decorate for the parade. He had the best time driving it all around.
Henry had a blast in the parade too!
Snow cones!
The fire truck hoses....great in theory but that is a powerful stream of water. We had a great time watching but Thomas wasn't about to go run in it.
The orchestra!
Lunchtime...first time eating Cheetos.
I'd say he liked them.
After we all had good naps, we went to the MCC for the 4th of July palooza...every year it gets bigger. They had pool races, a DJ, carnival rides complete with a ferris wheel, swing ride and tea cups, two huge blow up waterslides and the best firework show in Memphis after dinner.
Swimming with Mama's glasses on.
Sweet Henry enjoying the most perfect weather I've ever seen in Memphis in July. It was a high of only 80 that day!
Being silly with Tino. Thomas made this shirt at school and he is very proud of it. Instead of stars, it is his hand print. Such a cute idea!
Despite Henry's marathon crying fit during dinner, I can honestly say it was one of the nicest 4th of July's I can remember. Happy Birthday, America!
No comments:
Post a Comment