Being the second child means you just have to go with the flow. Poor Henry gets carted all over the city while Thomas and I play this summer. His favorite thing so far is walks. He never fusses and falls right to sleep. This picture is the difference between 5 days and 6 weeks. At 6 weeks, he was 21 inches long and 10 pounds, 8 ounces.
We had to go to the doctor when he was 6 weeks because he had a little cough. It turned out to be a reflux cough. Just to be certain and to check on his jaundice, we had some bloodwork done. He was so pitiful getting his blood drawn...look at this sweet little hand all bandaged up.
These next two pictures are how Henry and I nap every afternoon. With Thomas, I would never have let him sleep in my bed for fear of what might happened. We both sleep so well in these naps and I get to look over at this precious face!
Look at that belly! That's what happens when you gain a pound a week for 4 weeks. He is 6 weeks here. He has the same ambilical hernia that Thomas had. It should go away in the next few weeks, but it sure looks funny now.
This sweet face just makes me melt. He is 7 weeks here and is a really sweet baby when the reflux doesn't make him scream bloody murder! We had a tough weekend, but they increased the dosage of his reflux medicine yesterday, and it seems to really be helping. He likes the Baby Bjorn when his reflux is acting up and it makes it easier on me to have two hands free. This is another first with Henry because I didn't use one with Thomas.
Henry has made more trips to the pool than Thomas did his entire first year of life. We just find a shady corner and let him nap. I usually have lots of helpers at the pool between LuLu, BooBoo and Mimi and Tino so it hasn't been too hard yet. The new pool makes it so easy even when I'm by myself with both boys.
Last Wednesday night, Patrick and I snuck away for a great date night. We went to the Lionel Richie concert. I LOVE Lionel Richie...I know, I must be a 60 year old trapped in a 30 year old's body, but I grew up with my parent's listening to his music. His greatest hits CD literally got me through at least 5 busy seasons. Believe it or not, the crowd had tons of people our age. The concert was AMAZING! He is a true entertainer. Cee Lo Green opened for him and we loved seeing him.
We went to dinner at one of our most favorite restaurants, Itta Beana, before the concert. The power went out just as we finished our dinner...it was chaos. We had to guess how much our ticket was and write a check. Not sure what they did if you didn't have a checkbook with you!
We had to document the night with our very first "selfie." Ha! Lisa was excited that we finally decided to take one since she lives her life through selfie pics! Don't understand this younger generation sometimes....makes me feel so old! ;)








No comments:
Post a Comment