We celebrated Thomas's 3rd birthday this Saturday with a swimming party at the new pool at the MCC. I decided back in January that we weren't having a party at our house with a newborn, and this was the perfect option. All I had to do was place my order, pick up a few decorations and show up. That is my kind of party these days! The best part is that everyone had a blast and the birthday boy loved it!
We had a fish cake and I found a picture of these cute fish lanterns on Pinterest.
Thomas was on a little sugar overload, but I love this picture of the three of us.
How is my baby 3? I kept telling him I was going to put a brick on his head!
Henry and Sophie Jane's first date!
Sweet DeeDee, John Eric and Jane came to town for the party. Loved seeing them!
Harris had a great time splashing in the water and chasing all of the balls. How cute is he?
Uncle Brian and his girlfriend, Lindsey, came to town for the party since the Walker's couldn't come as he is in the middle of his chemo/immunity treatments. We sure missed Nana and Papa but loved getting to meet Lindsey and spend some time with them. I think Thomas said Uncle Brian's name about a thousand times!
On Saturday night, we all went to Local in Overton Square for dinner.
Brian finally got to hold Henry. He had that same big smile when he met Thomas.
The Monday before Thomas's real birthday, we had cupcakes and juice at PDO. Thomas was excited to have everyone sing to him and was very specific that the cupcakes should be "banilla" with red icing and NO sprinkles because they just mess up the icing! :)
That night, we celebrated with Mimi, Tino and BooBoo.
On his birthday, he woke up to his gift from Mommy and Daddy - a fish. He has been asking for one for months, so we finally gave in. Thomas named him Scrumpy.
On Tuesday night, we went to Las Delicias with LuLu. It was Thomas's first Mexican birthday celebration. He was a little embarrassed while they sang but kept talking about it afterwards!
On Thursday, I had a special surprise for Thomas. We went to the Redbirds game at lunch and Tino met us there. He loves baseball and had a great time!
I cannot believe that my first baby is three. He is so special and we are lucky to be his Mommy and Daddy. A little about my little guy these days....he is sensitive and funny, stubborn and smart, inquisitive and busy, caring and personable. He is always listening to us and watching what we do. I am amazed at how much he understands or can figure out. He loves to play with his Daddy and tells me often that I am his "bestest friend in the world" - melt my heart. He loves construction equipment, trains, Ninja Turtles, planes, books and tractors. He loves to play baseball, soccer, golf and football. He is the best big brother - so patient and sweet with Henry. He is always putting his paci back in (very gently!) when Henry needs it and is certain to show Henry what toy he is playing with. He brings so much joy to our lives! Happy birthday, Thomas!!! We love you!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment