We finally got the curtains hung in Thomas's new room, so now it is virtually complete. I just have one wall I need to complete with framed bulletin boards to display all of his artistic talent! :) Not sure how long it will take me to complete, so I decided to post some pictures now.
Every time I redo a room in our house, it becomes my favorite room, at least until I redo the next one! This project was no exception. I love the colors and I really LOVE the curtain fabric. Once I found this fabric, all of the ideas in my head came together and I had a complete design. Before it was just pieces here and there that I liked but I couldn't figure out how to bring it together. I guess designers call something like that an "inspiration piece" (yes, way too much HGTV in my past) and what an inspiration it was. It is hard to tell in the pictures, but amongst the paisley pattern are giraffes, lions, tigers, and antelopes. Hence, the inspiration for the beautiful watercolor prints of a giraffe and lion.
Patrick added the chair rail so I could use two colors on the walls. To make the transition to his new room fun, we promised Thomas that we would move his train table into his big boy room. Once he saw that in the room, he was hooked and hasn't looked back to that "baby room."
The matching twin bed will go in the nursery for the time being. The train table was more important than a second bed, and quite frankly, we need a place for someone to rest their head during those weary newborn, non-sleeping nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment