The days leading up to it, we talked it up big. His teachers at school did, all the family, and then I bribed him. I told him if he filled up his whole sticker chart, he could get a "big ole excavator" in Thomas's exact words. We spent time online looking for just the right one. He was so excited! He kept telling everyone what he would get if he learned how to use the potty.
By Saturday afternoon, we had filled up our chart and things were really clicking. He woke up from his nap and we gave him his prize! From then on, we didn't have any accidents and he woke up from naps and nights DRY. What? I was expecting baby steps but this was crazy. Still in a pull-up at naps and night just in case, but he is a "potty rockstar." At school on Thursday, he learned how to go potty standing up and thinks he is so big. He was teaching all of the other little boys in his class how to use the potty too. His teachers thought it was hysterical!
I made the most of our days at home and finished up a few projects. One of my favorites are the new pictures in the hallway. We have so many great pictures and I cannot stand for them to sit in a box any longer. Still need to do one more arrangement of frames but this was a good start.
Monday was the most beautiful day. We had contractors coming by all day to give us bids on our backyard project so we soaked up the sun and played outside for hours!
Tuesday was such a cold day and these poor guys spent ALL day hanging from our trees. We trimmed up our big tree and took down 4 trees in the backyard to make room for the new patio and landscaping. Thomas was in heaven as he watched the chipper, chainsaws, dump trucks, and most of all the bobcat. He ran from window to window watching.
The yard looks like a desert right now but that won't last long! I am so excited to see the transformation!



No comments:
Post a Comment