I thought it was time that our little Henry got a post of his very own. He has played a big role in our life already and he has not even made his debut. Thomas loves to talk about him and is very excited for Henry to come out so he can play with him. I am afraid he will be a little disappointed when Henry can't play trains and construction site right from the start. He often asks me to just take Henry out of my belly for a minute....don't I wish it were that easy! We talk about helping the baby by giving him pacis and bottles and even singing and rocking him. All of this is great to talk about but I am afraid reality will still rock his world more than any of us can imagine.
On Tuesday, we had our big organ check ultrasound. They use the 4-D machine now and we were lucky enough to get a few really good pictures of our newest little one. He is only 14 ounces but he looks like a real sized baby. My heart skipped a few beats when I laid eyes on this little face. His checkup was perfect....10 fingers, 10 toes, a full heart and brain, active stomach and kidneys, and measuring right on size. Best of all, lots of amniotic fluid! Of course, that would never have occurred to me to care about until 6 weeks of bedrest. It really doesn't become an issue until 28 weeks but I sure loved seeing a belly full right now.
Henry is an active little baby. He kicks me all of the time and he even performed flips and other acrobatics during our ultrasound. Enjoy that space little one, things will get tight pretty soon!
They confirmed that he is 100% boy so there is no doubt. He is already sucking his thumb. Thomas was great at sucking his thumb in the womb but not so good once gravity kicked in. I can't say I want him to be a thumb-sucker. Personal experience says a paci is much easier to take away! We also got a great shot of a big foot! It looks huge compared to the rest of him...maybe his feet will be as big as Thomas's hands were!
He officially has a name, Henry Caldwell Walker. Caldwell is Annie's middle name and is a family name on the Thompson side of the family. Now I can start monogramming! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment