2015

2015

Sunday, June 3, 2012

358 Days....


We have been parents for 358 days or 51 weeks. Thomas will be one next Sunday (and he is already driving - see the pic above.) It feels like just yesterday he was born, but at the same time, it is hard to remember life without our little guy. What a whirlwind parenthood has been...never a dull moment! But what an amazing gift Thomas has been to us - all of the hard work and trying times are forgotten when those little arms wrap around my neck or I see that face light up when I walk in the room.


I did not get a chance to do our 11 month update before we left for the beach earlier this month, so I decided to give an update now. Thomas doesn't sit still for long, so the chair pictures have taken on a new look...he is sitting in the chair, standing on the chair, pushing the chair...you get the point.



Thomas still loves to read his books. Most times, he would opt for a book over a toy!


Little man became quite the water baby after our extended stay at the beach. We both fell into our routine, which comprised of lots of walks and lots of water time. Since I couldn't bring the beach home to Memphis, I opted to bring the water to our house in a different way. We gave Thomas a water table for his birthday. He spent hours this weekend splashing and pouring water all over the driveway, himself and anyone that stands close enough. He helped me put the table together by sitting on the box!

                                    


I love this picture...playing in our pj's and water shoes, sopping wet and could care less. Yes, he is a boy!

He has been so talkative over the last month...constantly jabbering and saying some real words in between. He knows ball, "baba" (bottle), banana, meow, moo, thank you, amen, bye bye, hi, duck, and of course mama and dada.


This weekend we let Thomas open and play with some of his early birthday presents. Lulu gave Thomas his first set of wheels. Thomas LOVES his cozy coupe. He bounces up and down when we push him.


Lulu also gave Thomas this bear from the Women's Exchange that sings "Happy Birthday." Thomas loved this bear when we had lunch there a few months ago and Lulu remembered.


Thomas has 5 full teeth now but 2 more are coming in. Popsicles are great for soothing those sore gums and standing over the open freezer door sure helps keep Thomas cool in these hot summer days. (Ha! I don't let him do this a lot, but he was having fun!)


Had to close with this picture from tonight. What a mess this little boy is! His "mis-be-having" shirt on from the pool, pj pants, blankie in one hand and "baba" in the other....laid back watching some TV with Daddy and laughing at Mommy. Looks like this little guy has quite the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment