2015

2015

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Real Weekend!

No more counting down the days until the end of tax season. I survived my 6th tax season (I had to count that twice to make sure it was really 6. That sounds like a lot!)....the first as a mom. It was very different this year. More motivation to get it done and get home than ever. A big thank you to Patrick and my family for helping out and putting up with my griping.

This week has been fabulous. I have been checking off items from my "to-do" list and catching up on quality time with the special people in my life. I am so excited to go back to my old work schedule and get to spend those few extra hours a day with this little man.


Check out our new red sandals. We went in to just get white sandals and came out with white and red. I couldn't resist. How stinking cute are these? They are  made even cuter by the fat little toes that poke out from under the strap. Too bad Thomas isn't a girl because he has the perfect ballet "second position."


We play on the kitchen floor a lot while I'm making dinner. Thomas thought the bowl was great fun for playing hide and seek....Where's Thomas?



A big accomplishment on Friday...Thomas figured out how to use his snack cup! It is one of those where a hand can get in but the food cannot get out by itself. Perfect for all the shaking that happens when we are holding a cup. My persistent little guy who also happens to be very passionate about food figured out just how to get those puffs out of that cup. He was so proud of himself!



On Saturday morning, we learned another new trick. Thomas discovered he could walk back and forth across the room with the help of his walker. We did this for hours on Saturday. Here is a video...not sure if it comes through or not.

 


Since I didn't have to go to work on Saturday, Patrick and I decided to create some of our own work at home. 12 yards of mulch was delivered to our house Saturday morning by a dumptruck. Do you know how much dirt that is? Over 100 wheelbarrows full! Our backs are reminding us today just how much dirt that was. Our new front bed looks amazing. Now for our new grass in a few weeks and we will be set for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment