2015

2015

Thursday, January 5, 2012

6 Months...really late!

Can you stand it? How cute is this guy?


Thomas was 6 months old on December 10th. We've been pretty busy since then, so I'm just now sitting down to document this milestone. At his checkup, he weighed 18 lbs 8 ounces and was 26 inches long. That puts him in the 75th percentile in weight and 35th percentile in height. We've come a long way from our little 6 lbs 2 ounce nugget! I think these first few pictures give you a good idea of where each of those 18 pounds are. I took these right before bathtime, which is still one of his favorite things. He is almost too big for the baby bathtub now!






Little man is such a happy baby. We get laughs like this everyday. He wakes up in the morning with a huge smile. What an awesome wake up call! He is sitting up so well now and likes to play, play, play. He can shake a rattle and can play on his tap a tune piano very intentionally now. Everything he touches goes in his mouth. He is a great eater. So far, he has liked all baby foods except peas and green beans. Honestly, I don't blame him. Have you smelled peas and green beans from a baby food jar? I was just as anxious to throw those jars in the trash can and never get one out again. I'm sure we will try again in a few weeks, but until then, no love has been lost here! I will post more on the adventures of eating later.




He has a blanket now. It is a blue and white minky blanket with blue satin edges. He loves to snuggle up with the blanket and chew on the edges. He has become so attached to this blanket that I bought another one. We interchange them and always have one to use in case the other is in the washing machine!




Thomas still loves his johnny jumper. He will go from sitting to spread out on the floor if there is a toy he wants that is out of his reach. I'm afraid we will be crawling sooner rather than later. The only thing keeping him from crawling is those sweet "rolls" he would have to lift in order to crawl. I'm in no hurry for this little one to be on the move, so hopefully it will take him a little longer.




Our sweet boy is getting so big. Hard to believe he has been here over half of a year! This little one is certainly a keeper. We are beyond blessed!!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment