2015

2015

Monday, September 5, 2016

Back to School - SK and 2K

Summer's over and it is back to school! Both boys love their school so they have been excited for school to start for weeks.
 

 
Thomas is in Senior Kindergarten this year at EUMK. They start a few weeks before the other children. He spent the first day with just 3 children and the teachers doing an assessment. He has the BEST teachers - Ms. Beth and Ms. Belinda are the reason we stayed at EUMK for SK. Technically Thomas should be in JK but we let him go ahead this year. He will repeat SK at PDS next year. He was ready this year and his teachers agreed. We are excited to learn from these awesome ladies!
 
 

 
This year is real school - tests, homework, projects, studying...I walked out of the parent meeting and felt completely overwhelmed. So much to keep up with and yet this is my chance to start good studying/school habits. Luckily, we have survived the first 4 weeks, completed all of our homework and he has passed each of his weekly sight words tests. He is reading so well and really catching on to this "studying" thing. After his first test, he came home and said, "I'm so tired of tests. We have lots of tests!" Oh buddy, you have no idea. This is only the beginning and this is NOTHING!
 
The next week, Patrick and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary. It is hard to believe it has been 10 years! Henry had the stomach bug earlier in the week and as we were about to leave for dinner to celebrate, Thomas ran into our bathroom and got sick too. I guess when you have two little children, these things are bound to happen - anniversary night or not! We still had a night at home together sharing a bottle of wine and reminiscing great times. We had a make-up night out a few nights later after everyone was well, so it all worked out in the end!
 
 
Thomas started golf lessons now that we are back in school. He is talking lessons from Drew with Tyler and Hays. It is the cutest thing you've ever seen! Henry wanted to play golf with them so badly. He said, "Mama, I play golf too?" I said, No, bug, you can't play golf yet. You are still a baby. He said, "I no baby. I play golf!" Uh-Oh!
 

 
A few weeks later, it was Henry's turn to start school. He was so excited because he had seen Thomas leave for school without him for weeks! When I told him he got to go, he looked at me and said, "my turn, Mama? I go to school too? Ms. Heidi and Ms. Wura (Laura)?"
 

 
He is going to have the BEST year. He has the same 2K teachers that Thomas had (woohoo- they are my favorite) and he will be there 3 days this year (TWTh). The first day was a meet the teachers hour to explore their new room and get to know their teachers. He insisted on carrying his bag himself!



 
Sophie Jane is in his class this year. Memories from their big brothers at this age!

 
 
His first day at school by himself and he was ready!
 
 
Last weekend, we finally took down Henry's crib. He's been begging us for months to let him sleep in his "Big bed" so I gave in at last. No more babies in our house!
 
 
He did such a good job! He still has not gotten out of his bed until we come get him - looks like he will be a rule follower just like his big brother. No one is more surprised than me because he can push the limits!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment