2015

2015

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Spring Has Sprung....FINALLY!!!!

The weather around here the last few days has been absolutely glorious. The sun is like a happy pill...everybody just smiles more when we get to be outside soaking up the sun!
 
I don't even know where to begin recounting the last week. I was supposed to take the boys to see Nana and Papa for spring break with some stops along the way to see BooBoo and some fun in Atlanta. I had the car packed and we were headed out of town after school on Thursday. Thomas's teacher called just before school let out to tell me he had just thrown up....WHAT? So we came home and I unpacked the car. He wasn't sick any more that night and slept well so we decided to try again. I packed the car Friday morning and we headed out. 10 minutes down the road, Thomas threw up all over the car...SERIOUSLY? I was done. I turned around and we decided to stay home. We were all so bummed.
 
It turned out to be okay...Thomas was all better by Saturday morning and we decided to have fun at home. Patrick was already planning on being on the Osiris float in the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown. Patrick is going to be Chairman of Osiris next year, so this was one of his first "official" duties.
 
I decided to take the boys to watch Daddy. I got both boys downtown and we were all set up on Beale Street (thank goodness the rain stopped) to watch the parade.
 
 
 Patrick called and said only one page showed up, so they had room for Thomas to ride in the "convertible" and be in the parade. I wish I had a picture of his face when I told him. He was so excited.

 
Here is the Osiris float. Thomas is in the passenger seat and you can barely see his little head peaking out as they passed by. "Big C" the driver kept telling Thomas, "T, wave your flag!"

 
 
Excited about his visit with those silly Boll Weevils.

 
Osirians...


 
After church on Sunday, we ate lunch outside, went for a walk and played in the backyard. Everyone was full of smiles.


 
Thomas and Patrick have been practicing their golf game. I love that he is playing golf in his cowboy boots and blue jeans.

 
On Monday, we met the Biddles at the zoo and had one of the best days I can remember. We saw the new Take Flight bird show, had a picnic, rode the train and played on the playground all the while soaking up the sun.

 
Can you stand all of this coolness in one big boy?

 
The Cannons joined us for a little while. To give Lauren's back a rest, Huddy caught a ride in the stroller with Henry. She's 4 months younger and almost as big!

 
Graham and Thomas playing a game on an Iphone.

 
A happy crew on the train.

 
Sweet brothers.
 


 
This afternoon, we had our first practice for spring soccer at 2PC. This is a boys only league. Thomas has made lots of progress since last Fall. Henry enjoyed playing on the field too.


 
Silly boys.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment