2015

2015

Friday, November 21, 2014

Living and Learning

Georgia had a big game this past weekend....we played Auburn. Everyone at my house was fired up for this game and we pulled out all of the UGA gear. Please notice that Henry even has a Georgia paci. 

Our friends, the Barksdales, came over to watch the game with us. We all went to UGA together and their kids, Ellie and Thomas, are just a year older than our kids. Thomas and Ellie had the best time playing and bossing each other around. They are definitely two oldest children.

Lucky for us, we won the game by a decent amount so we were able to enjoy watching the game!


Look at this big boy. He has stolen my heart.



On Saturday morning, I took the boys to ride the train at Oak Court mall. As we were walking there, Thomas caught sight of Santa and almost lost his mind. He was so excited. I had no idea he would be there this early but there was no way I was getting out of that mall without letting Thomas talk to Santa.  We weren't in our Christmas finest but it sure is a cute picture and look at that SMILE on Thomas's face. That isn't a forced smile....that is pure joy!



I was looking back at pictures of Thomas when he was Henry's age. I saw the picture on the left and did a double-take....Thomas or Henry? Well, I guess these kids do look alike after all.


Our school pictures came home this week and I am in love. How sweet do they look...especially the one with Thomas kissing Henry! And I can't get over how old Thomas looks. Such a big boy.





Over the last few weeks, Thomas has become very interested in learning his letters and the sounds and words they make. He has some great games on the iPad that teach him how to write the letters and make the sounds. He is all the time asking me about letters and words he sees. He knows how to spell his name and this weekend we started learning how to write it too. First he traced the letters and then he tried it on his own. Not too bad for his first try. 



On Sunday afternoon, we went to Dorothy Campbell's 4th birthday party. Thomas got his face painted for the first time... Of course it would take a ninja turtle to lure him in. He had a meltdown that night when I made him wash it off. He thought it would stay on for days.


 
Last weekend was also exciting for these two....Uncle Brian got engaged to Lindsey on Friday night. We are so excited for them and look forward to celebrating next August.
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment