2015

2015

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Friendsgiving and Santa Arrives!

This past weekend, we had two fun highlights. Patrick was away hunting for opening weekend of duck season. Thomas and I bundled up early on Saturday morning and ventured out to watch Santa Claus arrive at the Pink Palace via a helicopter. Thomas talked about this all week...he was so excited to see Santa. He really understands Christmas this year, so Santa is, of course, a very big deal.

Mimi was brave enough to come with us and bear the brutal cold....when I say cold, it was 30 degrees before the helicopter landed and nearly blew us away.

 
Here comes the helicopter!

 
Now, we aren't so sure....

 
There is Santa Claus!

 
Freezing our tails off!
 
 
On Sunday night, we hosted "Friendsgiving" for our friends. The Campbells, Bowies, Stines, and Watson (poor Helene was at home sick) came over to celebrate with us. It was so nice to be able to celebrate with our friends. All of the kids had so much fun playing!


 
I made Patrick's grandmother's dressing. It is a yummy recipe and always a hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment