2015

2015

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Adventures

Our adventure...the 8 hour drive to the beach....was a success! Thomas gave me the best Mother's Day gift - he was the most perfect angel on the drive down to the beach. We broke it up into two days, but I was still in the car by myself with him, so it could have been awful. Of course, I had a few tricks up my sleeve, and they worked like a charm.

First, we turned Thomas's carseat around for the first time the morning we left. This opened up a whole new world for Thomas to look at and boy, did he enjoy looking! I love his face in this picture....he is looking at Patrick like "are you sure you know what you are doing? I think this is backwards, Dad."


 Saying their goodbyes. We are looking forward to Daddy joining us!


Oh my goodness....where has this TV been the last 11 months? Y'all have been holding out on me, folks! SUCCESS!!!!


Now on to the beach!


This was our first trip to the beach....Thomas was just checking everything out. He enjoyed playing in the sand. He is not so fond of the ocean, however. I can't really blame him, though. I don't love the ocean and I can see where it would be very intimidating.




Little man doesn't sit still very often these days, and the beach is no exception. I haven't been able to take too many pictures because I am constantly running after him! Who needs to work out when you have an 11 month old!!!


Pool time!


This picture makes me laugh - notice the $20 bill flying through the air. He was throwing my wallet around and money went flying....don't worry, Patrick, we found it all! : )


Thomas LOVES the pool. He would stay there all day if I let him. He isn't a huge fan of this float, however. I think it is too restrictive for our little mover.


He will come out of the pool for food! Just enjoying our lunch by the pool. Look at all of those rolls....Oh, and Go Dawgs! Thomas and I practiced calling the dawgs this morning and he could say the "ruff, ruff, ruff" part by the end of our lesson. Never too early to learn those traditions!


We spent Mother's Day morning in the condo because there was a huge storm and tornadoes. We decided to head to the mall and stopped for a nice lunch in Sandestin. By the time we got there, the sun came out, so we enjoyed lunch on the patio and decided to turn around a go swimming after lunch instead of shopping!



Tonight we went to dinner at George's. It is a fairly new restaurant near Alys Beach. It is definitely our new favorite place. It has a fabulous food, and a wonderful porch and patio with patches of grass for the kiddos to play in (see the background of the photo above). Thomas was so good and was flirting with all of people in the tables around us. I expect us to return to this place lots more before we come home!


No comments:

Post a Comment