2015

2015

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Whew....What a Week!

This has been quite the week for the Walkers....It started with some plumbing troubles last weekend which led to a call to the plumber....3 trips from 2 different plumbers later, and we still don't have the problem resolved, but at least we know what's wrong. As Patrick jokingly said this weekend, "for the bargain price of $150 (just for a visit) we are the proud owners of a video WITH commentary of our sewer line." I know you are jealous! Our sewer line has tree roots growing through it and has cracked in one place. Fun - just what I wanted to spend some money on this spring. Anyway, that was a quick way to kill a couple of unavaible hours this week.

Now on to the little man....he has had quite a week too. He pulled up in his crib on Tuesday night, so we knew it was time to drop his mattress. This is how I found him when I went to get him Wednesday morning:


He just started crawling...I can't belieive he is already pulling up. We had a rough night the first time he slept in the lower crib. Poor kiddo - I don't think he knew where he was when he woke up in the middle of the night. I put the bumpers back in the crib when we lowered the mattress because he kept banging his head on the railings.

Speaking of banging heads....Thomas likes to bonk his head a lot now that he is crawling. He must be in a hurry when he is scurrying around because he ran into the french doors at Julia's on Monday and had this HUGE bruise on his forehead. Then the next day, he ran into something else and had a bruise on the other side of his head. I've told myself that I need to get used to this...I am the mother of a little boy, afterall. I don't know if I will ever get used to all of these bumps and bruises. You can kinda see the remnants of the forehead injuries below:


This picture brings us to another "new" this week...Thomas can now feed himself his bottle all by himself. He has been partially doing his for weeks, but now he is in full control! Little man has started the "I want to do it ALL BY MYSELF" phase. Not sure this phase ever really ends, but it has begun at our house. He wants to do everything himself and gets a little attitude sometimes when he can't.


As if there wasn't enough new, we also changed out Thomas's carseat. Big boy needed some extra room...he had definitely outgrown the old one. Just because he has more room, however, doesn't mean he likes the carseat now. Oh no....we still fuss, cry and scream when we get strapped in. Don't really blame him...I don't like to be confined either.

And finally to end the list of new, Thomas got his second tooth yesterday. This one was a much bigger struggle...a low fever and a fussy, fussy baby. I thought he might be sick because he was acting so awful, but the doctor just thinks it is teething. We did get a update on stats when we went to the doctor - 20lbs 7 ounces (70%) and 27.5 inches long (40%). Continuing the trend of short and fat, but gradually shrinking the gap in percentile differences.

To end this post, I have some fun pictures....The first is of Thomas playing in the kitchen. He has a million toys and loves the mixing bowl....


Last weekend Thomas and Lollie played together for the first time. Lollie wasn't so sure about Thomas...she warmed up but had to be in the middle of things!


Lulu is relieved that these two can be friends. Thomas likes dogs already, so I have a feeling these two will have a strong bond over the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment