2015

2015

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Round One and the Peabody Ducks

Patrick's parents came to visit us this past weekend since we will be in Memphis for Christmas. We had a great time! On Sunday we took a trip downtown. We went to the Peabody first to see the ducks.

We got a few pictures made in front of the tree. Thomas was really posing for this picture. So cute!



Waiting for the ducks....Thomas enjoyed watching the other people almost as much as he enjoyed the ducks.

Thomas LOVED the ducks. He reached his hands out to make his "gimme" sign. He really wanted to grab hold of those ducks. Good thing for those duckies that he can't crawl!







Papa took Thomas over for some more up-close time with the ducks. One day in the future these two will join Patrick and Tino in the duck blind for a different kind of fun watching ducks!


After the Peabody, we walked a few blocks to the Blue Plate for brunch. Yummy! I love breakfast food. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.


I tooks some candid of our crew walking down main street. Thomas got to see the trolley drive past us. When I took these pictures, I couldn't help but think of the song "Walking in Memphis."





Papa and Nana brought Thomas lots of gifts. One of the most special of these gifts was two books that have recorded their voices reading to Thomas. He doesn't sit still very often, but he sat still for these books. He was really focusing on the voices.



We treated Sunday morning as "Christmas morning - round one." We all opened our gifts and spent most of our time watching this little guy. He was scared of the sound of tearing paper. Good to know, but honestly, not a whole lot I can to do shelter him from this noise at Christmastime.


Here he is playing with two stuffed Santa's. He likes to try to eat them, of course.






Thomas got his first Radioflyer wagon from Nana and Papa. It didn't take him long to figure out how to sit in the wagon and hold on tight! Thomas was showered with more gifts from his Nana and Papa.....puzzles, tap-a-tune piano, megablock legos, a "Thomas" sippee cup, snack cups, bibs and a carseat. Grandmother gave Thomas his Elmo toy storage shelf and his little table and chairs. We can't wait for Thomas to play with all of his new toys.



The Walker's friends gave Thomas these adorable pajamas. I teared up a little when I first saw him in them because he just looked too old. I don't want my baby to grow up so fast. I am having the best time with this age, but I know that it will only get better.


Those little hands all snuggled up by his face. I know exactly what he was thinking - "Santa, I've been a good little boy. Please bring me fun toys that I can put in my mouth for Christmas."



























No comments:

Post a Comment