On Christmas Eve, the boys and I started out the day at the grocery store. It was the first time Henry was big enough to ride in the taxi car with Thomas. I felt like I had arrived...grocery shopping just got a whole lot easier. Please notice that Henry only wanted to steer Thomas's wheel, however. Thomas was very patient with him.
I mean, how cute is this little bug. I started calling Henry "bugaboo" when he was really little and over time it has just become "bug."
When we got home, we decorated our Christmas cookies for Santa.
This year, we went to the children's service at Church. It was chaos - there were probably over 250 kids there. It was so loud that it was hard to hear the ministers. They show a cute video and sing carols. The boys were SO good...like regular service good. Thomas enjoyed all of the cute things in the goody bag that they gave all of the children and Henry just enjoyed the bag. :)
After Church, we went to Mimi and Tino's house. We actually got a great family picture...these days this is almost impossible.
Please notice Thomas's outfit...this is the first time he has worn a button down shirt and pants with a button and zipper. I almost cried when we got him dressed because he looked so grown up...and fratty.
After BooBoo showed Thomas the Santa tracker app and Santa was in Iceland and only 1.5 hours away, he insisted that we go home quickly to get in bed. The fastest bedtime we have ever had! And he was right...Santa came right after they went to bed. Our boys must have been very good this year because they got exactly what they wanted and more.
Thomas got his UGA football helmet, jersey and "silver britches" complete with pads. He also got a "Georgia" tricycle, coat, pjs, DVDs and books. Henry got a walker, clothes, mini football, phone and lots of baby toys. Both boys were over the moon and have been playing with new toys non-stop.
Look at this smile!
He could hardly wait for the sun to come up so he could go outside and ride his new tricycle.
Mimi, Tino and BooBoo came over to visit and see what Santa brought. Even BooBoo tried on Thomas's helmet.
Santa brought Tino a new train for Christmas. Thomas had fun checking out all of the new stuff.
Look at this happy boy...this is how I occupy him while I take a shower. At least we have some new toys!
We went back to Mimi and Tino's on Christmas morning to open gifts. Henry loves his new books.
The football helmet came with us, of course.
Thomas ran into the edge of the counter during the 5 seconds we wasn't wearing his helmet so he was using an ice pack to make it better.
Wearing Daddy's hat.
Family pictures at my cousin's house for the Thompson-Shea Christmas.
A new twist on a facemask penalty, I guess.
The Stines came over Christmas night to eat dinner and play. Rebecca's family came down with the flu so they were all sick for Christmas. I hate that they were sick but we sure did love having them over. The boys play so well together.
Today we have had a lazy day of playing with Christmas toys and lounging in pjs. A great end to a wonderful Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment