Henry turned 3 months old on July 30th. He has so much personality and as long as he is full, will smile and talk up a storm.
When Daddy works late, this is how we read books. Thomas was sweet enough to share his "me" with Henry.
By some miracle, I was able to vote last week with both boys. Thomas played on my phone and Henry managed to stay content with his paci even though he was hungry.
Sweet brothers while Mama cooks breakfast.
Last week, I took Thomas to see the 3-D Imax movie at the Pink Palace. He was so excited...we saw the movie on the Meerkats, which are some of the most intriguing little animals.
Selfie with our silly glasses.
Silly face!
Look at this chunky tuna. He loves to stand up and has now caught sight of his cute self in the mirror. He just smiles at that cute baby looking back at him. Can you blame him?
Starting to look less and less like Thomas every day. Everyone is still trying to figure out who he looks like.
Last weekend, we went to Virginia Beach for my friend Jackie's wedding. Thomas stayed with Mimi and Tino and Henry came with us. We had the most awful travel day there...bad weather, missed connection flights, being diverted to Augusta, pilot running out of flying hours, running out of fuel, hotel in Atlanta for a grand total of 4 hours with no luggage, lost rental car reservation and truly the list could go on and on. Henry was a travel rockstar and only fussed for about 15 minutes out of the entire trip. He LOVES the baby Bjorn so as long as he was attached to me, all was okay in his world. I tried my best to hold it together but have to admit to a minor meltdown at the Atlanta airport. Lucky me ended up with mastitis as a result and will carry on my pump from now on. Lesson learned.
It was a beautiful day for a wedding and the reception overlooked the Elizabeth River.
The happy couple.
Such a beautiful bride!
Annie was sweet enough to drive down from D.C. to visit us and keep Henry while we were at the wedding. We loved getting to see her but hate that it was for less than 24 hours.
Henry soaked up his time as an only child while we were gone. He got more attention from Mama and Daddy than he could ever imagine.
This is my favorite picture of Henry so far. It really captures his features so well. While he is a very happy baby, he is also very pensive at times.
Happy Henry...the cherry on top to our wonderful trip was arriving in Memphis and having all but our carseat make it to baggage claim. It missed the flight from Atlanta so we were stuck at the Memphis airport until it could make the next flight. Henry was all smiles despite the last glitch...he wasn't ready to go back to being one of two kids anyway! Patrick and I cooled our heels with a beer and when the waitress asked me if I wanted the special, which was a shot for $4 with my beer, I seriously paused to think. At 11:00 am on Sunday, I ended up saying no, but I really considered it....
Tuesday was our 8th Anniversary. We were such babies back then. I love this man to the moon and back and thank God everyday that He put him in my life. He has given me two of the most precious gifts I could ever ask for. I look forward to all that the future holds because the last 8 years have been a wild ride and I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment