2015

2015

Monday, March 3, 2014

A Good Report and a Great Week

On Tuesday, I had my ultrasound to check on my fluid levels and my glucose test. I was a nervous wreck about the fluid levels because I have been having the same cramping that I had with Thomas. But fortunately, God decided to answer our prayers and my fluid levels were not low...they were very high, actually! Normal is 8-20 and mine were 15! Hurray!! Dr. Kennedy was so impressed and said there was virtually no way my levels would drop below 8 in less than 4 weeks, so I got a pass on my next appointment. To top off the good news, I passed my glucose test too! Here is a glimpse of the sweet face I cannot wait to meet.
 
 
 
Dr. Kennedy gave me permission to travel within a 2 hour radius this past weekend, so we were able to sneak away to Oxford with Helene and Watson for some much needed adult-only time away (many thanks to Mimi and Tino for keeping the little man). We missed the Stines greatly but know they have an overflowing plate right now! Just means we will all have to go back again soon!
 
We walked around the square and shopped on Saturday, sat outside at the bars to enjoy the beautiful weather and ate a yummy dinner at Boure. Breakfast at Big Bad Breakfast topped off the escape and we were back in Memphis on Sunday afternoon.
 
 
I found the most adorable bonnet for Henry at one of the shops on the square. He will be by the pool way more often than Thomas ever was at that age, so I think he will get lots of wear out of this cute thing.
 
 
Before we left on Saturday, I took Thomas to the Shrine circus. he was so excited about going and froze once we got there. I think he was overwhelmed by all there was to take in. I offered cotton candy but he thought it was strange. I offered elephant rides and that was more like a "heck, no, Mama. Are you crazy?" By intermission he was ready to go and so was I! :)
 
 
 
On our drive home from Oxford yesterday, the temperature dropped from 64 to 36. We woke up to an ice storm this morning and no school! Yay! Been in our pj's all day planning and "nesting." Thomas is a very good helper and he loves to get things ready for Henry. Sweet boy keeps asking me if we can take him out yet to play. He is already assuming the big brother role in our house. He likes to tell you about all of the stories from "when he was a little boy." My little man, you are still my little boy no matter how big you may feel.
 
I saw this article on Facebook and thought it was amazing.
 
 
It sums up our life right now and for the next few years. It really helped put into perspective just how precious this age is and made me realize that even the tired and stressful days contain the moments that you will want to hold on to forever. Every night after we have read our books and sang our songs, Thomas gives me a hug and a kiss and says, "Mama, when I need you, I will call you!" And then I have to say, "And I will come running." And come running I do because he does need me, and how great is it to be so needed and loved?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment