We are cherishing this February because it is different than any other we have had before. I have not worked a single weekend in 2014! Now, this was the point of my new job but it has really sunk in what a gift my new schedule is to our family. Fun weekends playing with my boys have been the best. The icing on the cake is that I really love what I am doing at my new job too. It is the perfect fit for me!
Valentine's day was fun this year because Thomas got into the holiday once he got over the fact that Christmas wasn't coming again. We made pirate valentines for his friends at school and here is a picture of Thomas passing them out.
At school that week, they had lots of special crafts. He was very proud of his heart!
It is hanging on one of his bulletin boards, which I finally finished in his room. I think they are the perfect fit for this wall. Lulu gave Thomas this giant ruler for Valentines day and it is so cute in his big boy room.
We have been soaking up the pretty weather all week. We went to the Zoo twice this week and Ms. Helene joined us Friday as a special treat. Thomas LOVES Ms. Helene and Mr. Watson. They are his Sunday school teachers too which is extra special.
The nice weather also meant things have been busy in our backyard. They did the patio last week and it looks great. Below are a few shots of the progress. Landscapers come in the next two weeks. Patrick had to take apart the swing set to move it, so it is only halfway back together.
I am looking forward to spending lots of time out here this spring and summer. It will be even better when I can sit back and enjoy a nice glass of wine! ; ) Only 11 weeks to go...glucose test tomorrow. Hope I pass because I don't want to do the three-hour test. Bi-weekly ultrasounds start this week to monitor my fluid levels. Hard to believe I was on bed rest one week from now in my last pregnancy.


No comments:
Post a Comment