2015

2015

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Before and After

Two and a half years after we moved into this house, I finally decided what color I wanted to paint my dining room. The older I get, the more bold my color choices seem to be. This one was no exception and I could not be happier with how it turned out. Before it was a very pale gray color and nothing stood out against in. The decorating scheme and fabrics are all pretty neutral, so this neutral background had to go. I don't have a great picture of the dining room before but you can get the idea from the two pictures below.
 
BEFORE:


 
And now the bold and beautiful new color! What a difference a can of paint can make...I absolutely love this color.
 
AFTER:



 
I love how the gold accents and the white molding stand out again the teal color. I think the wood looks so rich and the rug finally fits with the rest of the room. This chandelier is one of my favorite pieces in the house and it finally takes center stage against this color. Best part, besides how much I love it, is that it only took us a couple of hours from start to finish.
 
I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment