2015

2015

Friday, April 26, 2013

Take Me Out To the Ballgame

On Sunday afternoon, we took Thomas to the Redbirds game. He was so excited to go to a baseball game. He kept talking about baseball with Tino.....my dad, Tino, joined us for the outing. We were all dressed up and ready....even had to bring Daddy's glove along.

 
Thomas and I went back to another game this afternoon. Tino met us there for a few minutes to visit and snack on some popcorn. Thomas loves popcorn! After the game, Thomas and I walked across the street to see the Peabody Ducks. We had perfect timing and they were rolling out the red carpet. Thomas loved watching the ducks...they paused in front of us and I was sure he was going to lunge for them. Thank goodness they waddled on!
 
The last two weeks have been a whirlwind....busy getting our life and house back in order. Busy playing with friends. Busy selling my car...yes, the Murano is gone and until my new car arrives, Patrick and I get to share a car....say a prayer for us because this should be interesting! 
 
We are also busy keeping up with our little guy. I am amazed every day at how much he is learning and growing up. He can count to ten and sing his ABC's all by himself. He knows all of his colors. He says "Look, Mama!" about 300 times a day, he aks me to hold him like a baby and rock him, and says "I wub you" and gives me a big kiss on the lips. He calls himself "Thomas Yalker." His two favorite songs are "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and "The Ants Go Marching." His favorite book is Curious George and his favorite TV shows are Caillou (ugh!), Octonauts and Chuggington. He loves tomatoes, carrots, pickles, apples and fruitloops. He loves all of his friends and asks for them when we are at home. He can't tell Henry and Graham apart so he just calls them "Henry-Graham."
 
 
On Wednesday, we bought a little potty for Thomas. He has been interested in the big one for a few weeks and loves to flush it over and over again. I figured we would go ahead and get the little one so he could get used to the idea before we were ready to start potty training. They suggest waiting later for boys, and that is fine by me. My little overachiever, however, used it the first two times he sat on it...the potty he picked out plays music when they go to the bathroom and then it has a pretend flush. I am not sure I have seen Thomas so proud of himself. It was precious! We are still taking it slow and not pushing it, but I am more optimistic now.
 
On Saturday, we hosted a Supper Club wine tasting. This time was Red Zin and we had a great time. Friends, laughter and wine are good for the soul. Below is a picture of our four picks. We actually won this time - first time ever and I picked the wine despite Patrick's hesitation....Seven Deadly Zins.

 
Looking forward to another soaking up another weekend! Hope everyone has a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment