2015

2015

Friday, January 11, 2013

Relaxing in Boca

Welcome to paradise....This is the view from our window for the last few days. Open the door and you hear the waves crashing like they are in our room. Happy girl? You betcha!!
 
 
We arrived to a chilled bottle of champagne. Yes, please!
 
 
The night before we left for Boca, Patrick and I grabbed some Chinese take out after the Osiris cocktail party. This was my fortune....I don't think this was a coincidence....and we have had more than a little fun!
 
 
Our hotel, the Waldorf Astoria - Boca Raton Beach Resort is amazing. The main hotel location was designed by Addison Mizner. This is the same man who designed the Cloister in Sea Island. I grew up going to Sea Island almost every summer of my childhood...it holds a very special place in my heart and this resort is so very similar. The architecture is almost identical...even down to the trees that he landscaped the property with.
 
 
A picture before dinner one night.
 
 
The resort has the 3rd Serendipity location....perfect spot for dessert!
 
 
I woke up to this bird outside our window...I quickly grabbed my camera to snap this shot. I think he was reminding me that the sun was out and to "get out of bed you lazy bum!"
 
 
A view of the Boca inlet with a very handsome guy!
 
 
The beachside location.
 
 
The main hotel, yacht club side.
 
 
The main lobby...amazing!
 
 
The trees are my favorite.
 
 
The main hotel...It feels like we are stepping back to the glamour of the early1900's.
 
 
The lovely yachts at the main hotel.
 
 
My hubby, who still happens to be as obsessed with luxury cars and yachts now as he was on our honeymoon on the French Riviera, had to snap this picture of the insane cars parked in the valet.
 
 
Two happy folks....rested, read and tanned. Missing our little guy but we have thoroughly enjoyed our vacation! One more day to enjoy the sun, then back to the real world and a really cute little boy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment