2015

2015

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A BIG Week With Some Down Time....

 
Christmas came and went and we certainly enjoyed it to the fullest. Then came Christmas night...I woke up in the middle of the night, sick as a dog....I will spare you the details but I was basically in and out of the bed for 3 days. Thankfully, Patrick jumped in as Mr. Mom and took care of Thomas for me.


I mustered enough strength to celebrate my birthday with friends on Thursday at Pete and Sam's. I turned the big 3-0, which makes me officially OLD! Its ok...I've come to terms with it. I have the best friends and they made me forget about getting older. They gave me the sweetest gift as well....an artist is going to paint a picture of Thomas for me. Could they have given me anything more thoughtful? I am so excited!!

We had dinner on Saturday with my Tino, Mimi, Annie and BooBoo. Thomas has them all wrapped around his finger.

 
 
 
 
On other note, look at my other wonderful birthday gift...

Thirty is certainly going to hold a bunch of good memories for me, and the best part is yet to come. We are out of town for some rest, relaxation and fun in the sun! I am so excited! A rest is much needed after the week of illness we had.

After a quiet New Year's Eve trying to gain back my strength, Thomas woke up New Year's morning with a croupy cough and awful wheezing. It scared me to death! He couldn't even lay down for me to change his diaper without coughing so badly he would choke. A phone call to the pediatrician and we were off the LeBonheur ER....of course nothing else was open on New Year's day. Our little patient was so brave and after 4 hours, xrays (which traumatized both Thomas and me), and tests, we ruled out RSV and pneumonia....thank goodness! Ended up being a double ear infection and bronchitis...poor guy!


Not how we expected to spend the first day of 2013, but the rest of the year can only get better, right? Everyone is well now, so I'd say so far, so good. Thomas has been enjoying his train table to the fullest. He wakes up in the morning and the first thing he says is "train!"

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment