2015

2015

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful for So Much

Thanksgiving....it is too bad that there is only one day a year set aside for us to focus on being thankful for all of the blessings that we have been given. This year, we stayed in Memphis for the holiday and soaked in lots of quality family time, especially with this little guy....
 
Awful picture but the only one of our family of three!

After a good sweat at an early morning Bikram Yoga class (so good to be back!), Thomas and I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I have always loved the parade...Patrick makes fun of me, but it just isn't Thanksgiving without the parade. Lucky for me, Thomas loved the parade as much as his mama....Here he is dancing with the Rockette's.
 
 
Later that day, we went to my Dad's house for the Thompson/Shea lunch. For the first time in many years, we were able to get group pictures. Fun memories!
 
 
 
Thompson Cousins (minus about 15 or so)

Thompson Family


Thompson/Shea Clan
 
 We enjoyed a quiet Thanksgiving night while we decorated for Christmas. A new record for me...all decorated by the day after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas, so I like to have as many days as possible to enjoy the decorations.
 

 

 
Thomas woke up the next morning to a wonderland of "Hoho's" (Santa's), lights and ornaments. Seeing Christmas through the eyes of child is so special. He likes to sit in front of the tree and read his books. Thomas and I have been going through all of the characters in our manger scene....right now his favorites are the "baa's" (sheep) and the baby.
 
 
 
Over the weekend, we headed out to Wolfchase Mall. Looking for nothing in particular....wanted to take a swing by Santa since we have been playing with lots of Santas at our house. I was hoping Thomas would have warmed up to the idea. Nope...we could get close but he had a death grip on me. I will keep trying but not going to push it!
 
While we were visiting Santa, Thomas caught sight of the "choo-choo" upstairs. They weren't playing around with this train either. A very realistic train that gives rides around the mall. My child had died and gone to heaven. He kept screaming choo-choo and could not climb in fast enough.
 

So excited to ride on the choo-choo!
 
A few candids from the weekend....Thomas has been trying to ride on all of his toys...cars, tractors, trains....anything with wheels, no matter the size, he thinks he should be able to ride on. Poor kid doesn't have any indoor toy that is meant for him to ride on. Thank goodness for online shopping....this should be at our door in a few days.
 
 
In the meantime, a quick-thinking "Dada" configured our dump truck to fit Thomas. He has been riding all over the house on this thing. 
 
Thomas likes to play with our clothes and shoes. He goes through our closet and brings me things to put on him. One night, it was my t-shirt. Check out this attitude!
 
 
Maybe he will marry an ADPi one day....

 
He is a fast little one on this car....

 
"Yay, for Thomas!" Such a happy kiddo!

 
I enjoyed every last minute of our long holiday weekend. Thomas is growing up so fast these days. He is talking up a storm lately, and I love hearing what he will say next. A few of my favorites lately - He talks about the moon a lot. One morning, I asked him where the moon was? He looked at us and held his hands up and said "I don't know" just as clear as if he spoke in full sentences all of the time. 
 
All dressed up for church. He likes to pour his own cereal these days..."I do it."
 
He loves to sing too....He has the tune down for "Old McDonald" but he just keeps repeating "EIEIO" and "farm" over and over. He also loves to do the hand motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider while I sing. His most favorite song lately is to sing the ABC song....while he can repeat all of the letters after me, he doesn't quite sing all of the them. Instead, he sings "A, B, A, B, BBBBBBBB." Close, right? Still working on it! : )
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment