This is a picture from the night before Thomas was born. I was 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I was ready to have this baby. I had been on full bedrest since May 9th. I was over it! Of course, I was very nervous about the health of our little Thomas. Baby boys tend to have lung problems when they are early. My friend, Jenn, says they call them "Whimpy White Boys" in the NICU. Luckily, Thomas came out screaming just to prove to us that his lungs worked just fine. Boy do they ever!
This is the first picture of my two guys together. Melts my heart everytime I see this picture! These two are my world. I cannot imagine a day going by without them. Aren't they handsome? Thomas is a clone of his Daddy. I'm one lucky girl!
This is the first time I got to see Thomas. I was still on the OR table but I could see him on the scale. He had a death grip on this thing. It was almost like he thought he was going to roll off. His legs were still sticking straight out. The little guy was folded in half inside the womb so it took him a little while to stretch out.
I didn't get to hold Thomas in the OR. They had to take him to the nursery for observation since he was less than 37 weeks. While he was in the nursery, he got his first bath. Our families got to watch his first bath I think they were all astonished at how rough the nurse was, but babies are more resilient than we think! Someone took this picture right after his bath.
I was in recovery about 45 minutes before they brought Thomas to me. This is the first moments of our cuddling. I had to replace the hospital hat with the UGA hat. The hospital hat was pink and blue, but mostly pink, so that wasn't going to work. On went the UGA hat and it made for good pictures! I was so glad to finally hold my precious baby. I think I look a little happy here, what do you think?
This is the first picture of my two guys together. Melts my heart everytime I see this picture. These two are my whole world. I cannot imagine waking up every day without them. I'm one lucky girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment