We have been home a month now, and we just got the last new piece of furniture in place on Sunday. It is so nice to be all settled but we were all so glad to be home that we really didn't care if everything was all done!
The house looks good as new. A new roof, new windows, new rafters, decking, wiring, HVAC ducts, ceiling, lighting, and paint. None of it was glamorous but our home is back together and we are so grateful!
Some more before pictures.
During the construction...
Construction complete! Day before moving home.
The one time the boys are allowed to kick a ball in the house. They would have been perfectly happy if I left this room empty!
Cleaning is hard work, Mama! I'm just going to take a rest.
We moved home on a Friday. That Sunday morning just before 6:00 am, I was getting coffee when I heard a loud crash. I ran to the back of our house and Patrick had heard the same thing. We both thought it was another limb but knew it was in the backyard. First thought was the garage. I look out the window to see a car poking through our fence. SERIOUSLY? I ran out there and the guy was pinned in the smoking car but he was not hurt.
Here is the view from Graham. Apparently, he fell asleep driving, veered, hit the telephone pole and the fence. I called the police while Patrick went to survey the damage. Thomas almost died when the fire truck, police car and ambulance pull up to our house less than 5 minutes later.
The car was really stuck so the tow truck came to pull him out. Glad he wasn't hurt, but he didn't have insurance so the fence was another problem to add to our list.
The next Tuesday, a bad storm came and knocked over a HUGE tree in Hedgemoor. We were without power for almost 48 hours. Bad things come in threes, right?
I have to take a few minutes to talk about Mattie. Mattie is the lady that has kept Thomas since he was 15 months old. She was the answer to so many prayers and what a blessing she has been to us. Mattie is part of our family and we love her dearly. She has kept Henry three days a week for almost his whole life. The boys love her, we love her and she loves our boys. She kept our boys and house immaculate. When she first started, I joked with Patrick that he better watch out because forced to chose, I would pick Mattie over him....kidding of course, but you get the point.
Mattie made the tough decision to retire at the end of July. She has diabetes and needs to take some extra time to pay attention to her health. We will miss her dearly but will keep up regularly because we love her! I took some pictures of Mattie with the boys on her last day...it was a teary day for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment