This year we had a Christmas like none other we have ever had.
Thomas's big boy room is almost complete....just waiting on the curtains to come in! On Friday night, he spent his first night in his room and in a big boy bed. I hesitate to say this for fear of jinxing our success, but he has done so well. He has not shed a tear. He stays in the bed until we tell him he can get out. It has just been too easy! No worries...potty training is next, I don't think it will be so easy.
On Sunday afternoon, we had lunch with Lisa's family and their good family friends, the McCord's. We got a Thompson Family picture since we were all finally in town together.
Then on Sunday night, Patrick and I came down with the stomach bug, and oh what a bug it was. I haven't been that sick in a long time...it was intensified since I was pregnant. Thomas was such a sweet little boy on Monday and Tuesday as we tried to recover. He would come "check on Mama" to see how I was feeling and would give me kisses and ice packs for my "booboo's."
Thank goodness Patrick recovered faster than I did because he took care of all my last minute Christmas "to-do's." He was our Christmas elf for sure this year - thank you, Patrick/Daddy!
I mustered enough strength to make cookies for Santa with this cute little boy. He loves some sprinkles! Santa told Thomas he liked chocolate chip cookies, so we had to make some of those too.
Thomas and Daddy sprinkled out the reindeer food. We had to make sure those reindeers weren't hungry!
We set out our milk and cookies for Santa and carrots for reindeers on our precious plate that DeeDee gave us...it says "Cookies for Santa! Love, Thomas." How cute!
And then when there was not a creature stirring, Santa came! He brought Thomas some amazing gifts this year, but he has been a good little boy so he earned them.
I finally snapped a few pictures of our decorations this year.
And then, little man woke up to see what Santa brought him for Christmas. Do you see that smile? He is enamored with his very own tool bench/work table.
And then...his beloved crane that he has been talking about for months!
And next a dump truck/ scraper and construction hat. We are in full building mode at our house!
He mastered the drill and miter saw and then figured out how to use the radio to call "Bob the Builder" to make sure his construction site job was going okay and that they were digging lots of dirt. Bob was on it, of course, so he went back to working on his building job.
Playing with our race track and rocket launcher. Somehow I missed pictures of Thomas playing with his putting green...maybe because I was busy trying to make sure he didn't launch a golf ball through my living room window. Luckily, his first shot only hit the Christmas tree! :) Then we had a quick putting lesson on being gentle and just tapping it in. He is actually very good at golf.
Opening his present from baby Henry....Henry the train and a bridge for his train track.
Mimi, Tino and BooBoo came over early on Christmas morning to see what Santa brought Thomas. Thomas put Mimi to work on his job with a construction hat and all!
Breakfast, round one, thanks to Pinterest.
Waiting with BooBoo while Daddy gets the car so we can go to Mimi and Tino's house.
A FAO train from Mimi and Tino.
A big smile once he saw his scooter!
And we had to try it out, of course. Notice that our crane and dump truck came with us to Mimi and Tino's house. He was allowed to bring two toys and that's what he picked. After he saw that train, though, I don't think he touched them once.
Tino showing Thomas how to work the train's remote control.
Unwrapping some more presents with Annie.
He sat in this chair and watched his train for a long time...until the batteries started to get low.
Building some more before Christmas dinner. "Look, Mommy, I cut this for you!" Just what I wanted, of course!
And Mommy had a merry Christmas as well! The biggest gift to Mommy was all of the help from family to pull the last minute things together and help me with Thomas while I recovered.

No comments:
Post a Comment