Change. I'm not usually a fan of change. I like my routine and don't really like to make changes if possible. Well, I've decided to become a fan of change...maybe even embrace it. :)
I start a new job at the end of the month. MAJOR change for me. Quite frankly, I thought I would be in public accounting forever. I have a great job and work with great people but an opportunity literally fell into my lap that I cannot turn down. I will be going to work at Bryce Corporation doing "all things financial." Technical title, right? I'm not sure there is a perfect title for what I will be doing. I will be working with the CFO and helping our friends, Sean and Stephen, with anything "financial" they need. I am very excited...this will be a good change!
When Sean and I first discussed the opportunity over dinner, I was cautious. I prayed really hard that the Lord would help me to make the right decision. I prayed that he would make it so clear what He wanted me to do that even I couldn't miss it. I wanted it to be the right change for my family and honestly, I wanted to feel like I was following God's path for my life. Every time I began to second guess a particular aspect of this decision, I would wake up the next morning and the issue would be resolved....time after time after time. Finally, I just looked up and said, "Okay, God. I hear you. Loud and clear!" - and "loud and clear" is exactly the type of answer I had prayed for.
This "change" is good for me in so many different ways. I get to work even less hours and I don't have a busy season that will upset our routine. When I told my current job, I would first get the shock and sadness and then every single person told me what a fabulous opportunity this was and what I great company Bryce was. I already knew all of this, but it was nice to hear it reaffirmed from my co-workers - people I have the utmost respect for professionally. They all said that I would learn so much from the CFO, Ramon Marus, and I look forward to soaking it all up. Sometimes, I cannot believe that I won't be working with taxes anymore. I have spent the last seven years trying to "master" that field, but now it is time for something a little different. I feel lucky to have worked at DHG for the majority of my career because I was able to get such a great foundation in "business." We help our clients with so much more than just "taxes."
As I start to embrace change, life has still been moving along.
Thomas loved bubble baths. One night, he said,"Mommy take my picture" and I was able to capture this precious face amongst the bubbles.
On Saturday morning, Thomas and I met the Biddles and the Bowies at My Big Backyard. This is such a fun place for the kids. Henry and Thomas would have played in the sandbox all day if we let them. Poor Dorothy wanted to play with the boys but really didn't want to get sand on her!
Smiling for Mama before he slid down that big slide behind him all by himself...over and over and over.
That afternoon, the Bulldogs played the game of their life and beat LSU. You didn't have to be a fan of either team to appreciate the insane level of football those guys were playing. Thankfully we won and as a bonus, my house was spotless because I clean when I'm nervous and I was REALLY nervous.
Tino came over to help us cheer. He and Thomas both love popcorn.
We get to celebrate Harris's first birthday this weekend. I cannot believe he is already a year old! Happy Weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment